Monday, May 7, 2012

My Bangkok Visit

ImageRecently I had visited Bangkok to attend a conference. I felt its helpful to share my experiences which might be helpful for others.
I am to present a paper on IRCMET conference hosted by Choice Group of Colleges and Global Open University together. I started from Pune on 29th February and reached Mumbai early hours of 01, March to catch an Indigo flight at 06.30 AM. I felt little boredom at airport as was to wait almost 6 hours there. I struck up with small problem as I was asked to show evidence whether my stay got reserved or not. This was new to me as I did not met with such instance before. Finally I somehow convinced the counter-executive at booking by showing conference itenary. Finally I got the boarding pass. Boarded the flight at 06.30 and flight was on schedule.
Reached Bangkok at 01.30 by now I was so frustrated and very badly in need of food (Now-a-days food was stopped in almost all airline from India). There was a long que at immigration check, it took almost 2 hours to get out of it. I collected baggage, lying there as left overs. I wandered here and there for currency exchange. Finally got some exchange kiosk and got approximately 800 Bahts worth of Indian Rupees. I straight proceeded to gate number 12 (as I was instructed in India), there I found a man called Tim, the guide and also very interesting person. All those who travelled with me were there waiting for remaining people. It was almost 03.00PM. In deed, we are suppose to go to hotel and after refreshments follows city tour. But due to delay and skewed planning of travel agent, we were put under city tour first. Of course the city tour is all about Golden Buddha temple visit and followed by a dinner.
Image
The Golden Buddha Temple is must for visit in Bangkok. The great saint/Rishi/god who preached non-violence and compassion was almost forgotten in India. I was so happy to see my forefathers (budda) are being worshipped in a country like Thailand. In fact, thi people love Indian culture most importantly they love Indian movies. I observed this while I was in a cultural show, which is mind blowing at next day.

It was almost 9.00pm we came to 'The First Hotel'. The hotel is well situated in the centre of the city, but little far from 'Suwarna Bhoomi' airport. I was almost exhausted and badly in need of sleep. I had a good sleep at that night.

2 comments: